Sunday, June 8, 2008

Weekend Update

So another week has come and gone, and this one was a very busy one indeed. I spent the first half of the week working in Manhattan. It has been a while since I had been to NYC and actually had a few minutes to roam the streets. I enjoyed this trip very much, even though most of the time found me loading into or out of a ballroom. You would think I would be used to that by now. We had some great food and some great weather. What more could you ask for? I even got to sample those cupcakes Andy Samberg and Chris Parnell are so wild for in this video. All I can say is they did have all the bomb frostings! The only part I didn't enjoy was somehow losing my phone between the airplane and home. Oh well, it's only technology!

Once I got home, it was time to get right back to work in the studio. Shae and I finished construction on most of the planned acoustic enhancing devices that now inhabit our studio and I also re-patched the patch bay adding in a new headphone distribution system (that should be appreciated by all the musicians who stop by!). We also added a new microphone to our arsenal, a Beyerdynamic M-160, which is extremely awesome. We got to try it out on the Echo Bravo sessions this weekend, utilising it as a room mic for the drums. It's transparent character added a nice feel to the sound of the kit. The sessions went extremely well, seeing the drum and bass tracks rocked out as well as most of the guitar overdubs. The band is coming back soon to finish up the guitars and add vocals. Look out for these scorchers very soon.

The upcoming week will also see Stella Mora working on vocals and the start of the Jason and the Beast EP. All in all, sounds like anothe busy week. Will post a progress report as things progress. Until then, "Good Niiiight ChicagOOOOOH!! You're brutal!!!"

No comments: